4/10/18

Today I worked on researching different algorithms to evaluate the strength of a poker hand. To do this, I perused few quite a few research papers on the topic. My first discovery, which matched my intuitions about the opening round of the game, was that the strength of your hole cards could be computed without using a very complicated process. I came across a formula called the Chen algorithm which evaluates the strength of your hole cards using only a few simple tasks but is very effective. After that, I started researching different methods to calculate the relative value of a 5-7 card hand, which requires substantially more computation and is a much more complicated process. I will continue researching tonight to determine the approach I am going to take to shape the decision making strategies of the cpu players in my game.

Comments

Popular Posts